Skip to main content

Faith's Transition







       If I had to call a witness to the stand regarding "faith transition", I would call Nebuchadnezzar to the stand. He was a no way, no how, king.  It started when he thought he was above God, asking His kingdom to bow down to his gods when the music played.  Three Hebrew boys captured into captivity refused to bow down.  This angered  King Nebuchadnezzar who ask them, " Who is that God that shall deliver you from my hands?" (Dan 4:15). You know the story. The boys were thrown into the fire. But something amazing happened to the king. He changed during the course of the event. When he saw the boys walking around in the fire and talking to a fourth person, his mind reeled saying, “didn't we throw in three? There's four in there!” When the boys walked out of the fire unharmed, the king's transformation begun.
 "Then Nebuchadnezzar said, “Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king’s command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. 29 Therefore I decree that the people of any nation or language who say anything against the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego be cut into pieces and their houses be turned into piles of rubble, for no other god can save in this way. 30 Then the king promoted Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego in the province of Babylon" Daniel 3:28-30

Did you see the change?
       Before I came to the Lord, I sinned— a lot!  I felt no guilt and no emotional ties.  I was angry with everyone and in every situation. Then I heard the wonderful news of Jesus Christ and put Him on in baptism. Although I struggled a little in my new walk with the Lord, I kept trying to do what was right.  Satan didn't want to let go.  I fell down so much that I finally got tired of crawling to the altar, telling God "I'm sorry" for my sins. I really was tired of disappointing the Creator, who had high hopes for me. I decided to get control of ALL my sins at one time. That process frustrated me further. I became depressed and wanted to flee from the presence of God. I was embarrassed because I kept telling God I would do better but I found myself lying to Him.  So, I prayed one last time about my struggles and the Holy Spirit led me—to work on one sin at a time. I began my Christian walk of transformation. 

      I said all that, to say this: When you see new babes in Christ struggling with sin, remember what it was like with you. It wasn't  that you weren't trying, Satan didn't want you to be successful. He knows new Christians are weak. He attacks the weakest link. Reach out to help those new babes coming out of the water and let them know the struggle is real but it will get better. They have to work, not on all their sins at once, but one at a time. Once that sin is dead to them, they bury it, step on top of it and keep walking forward. Each burial and step will move them closer to Heaven.  The power they need is within them as it is with all of us. That power is the Holy Spirit. Use the force God put in you to make the faith transition. Then help someone else. This is strength that keeps on giving.


Comments

About Me

My photo
Kitt Swanson
Tampa, Florida, United States
Check out my newest published book: Troubles Don't Last, You Do! It motivates and inspires you to stay hopeful during trying times.

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding It Better By and By

    Funny how life has a way of showing you what you’re made of.  When adversity hits, what you say you wouldn't do becomes easier to do.  When the rubber meets the road, yes! you do the unthinkable.  Let's say you have a house fire and on the second floor is your baby and mom. You can only save one, which would it be? I've heard many say they would grab the baby since mom has been around a long time. I couldn't say.  I'm not in that situation right now.  There's no way to know what to do until tragedy hits.  Some can handle atrocities, whereas; other have no clue how to maneuver suffering nor know why hardship occurs.  Stop trying to figure out why hardships happens--only the Father knows.  He won't  have you guessing long.      The underlining reason at the end of your trials gives away the mystery. Experiencing hardship isn't fun but you will come out with more insight than ever before.  Instead of getting angry with God regarding your circumst

I Got You!

Do you remember going to the arcades? You and your friends’ old rendezvous spot, battling for the top spot in one of the popular games. While you guys horsed around, a group of troublemakers bullied their way onto the machines? Your posy band together vowing to have each other’s back.  Now days, every man for himself. Someone will call 911 for you, any more than that would be heroic (Romans 5:7).  No one takes on any man’s cause anymore. The back-in-the-day phrase was "I got your back." 

God Is Good!

Have you notice that when something good happens in your life, such as a promotion or your favorite team win their game or you bowl a strike in bowling or you win a debate over an issue that's dear to your heart, you jump up in enthusiasm with fist balled up and make a upward motion with your hand yelling "Yes! God is good." I hear that statement often and only when something great goes on in your life. Wasn't God good before that incident?  Wasn't He good when you were laid off from your job? You end up getting a better job and making more money. Wasn't He good when your house caught on fire? Your insurance claim paid out more than you could imagine and got your house fixed or better, received enough money to get another house?   Wasn't He good when you were robbed? He replaced what was taken and gave you more than you previously had? Wasn’t He good when you had no idea how to pay a bill that popped up on the radar and someone came along and jus