Skip to main content

Stand Up!




Remember the story where Jesus went to Mount of Olives early in one morning. He went there to teach the people in the temple. How convenient for the scribes and Pharisees show up with a woman caught in adultery.  They put her in front of Jesus saying, “Teacher, this woman was caught in the very act of adultery,"  Then, they recite the law of  Moses saying, "that such should be stoned. But what do You say?”  They stood there waiting for Jesus to respond. 

Sometimes people just want to see how you will react, when they push your buttons. Don't let them push your buttons. Let's look at Jesus' body language in the story.  The first thing Jesus does is stooped down and write on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear them. 

Stooping down can mean you need to go in prayer.  Many times when you're engulfed with troubles from the outside (job, family, money) and troubles from within (fear, worry, anxiety, depression), you need to go down.  Meaning, this is a serious situation and you need help with it.  It's time to pray.  Don't wait until you've talked to everyone around you, who by the way, who can't help you, before you go to God.  Watch Jesus:

So they kept asking until he answered.  Jesus stood up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw the first stone.”

After you pray, pause for the cause. Think about what you are going to say.  What Jesus did was asked them a question. But, for you the less words said, the better.  This keeps you out of trouble and lowers your tension. Be godly and season your words.

The Bible then says Jesus stooped down again and wrote on the ground. Those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 

When you don't react, the enemy gets mad.  If you do it right, they will learn something from your behavior and eventually feel ashamed.

Jesus raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are your accusers?" She tells Him she has none and your know the rest. 

After you kneel in prayer, STAND UP. See God in your situation.  If your faith is where it should be, you should feel everything is alright at that point.  Yes, the situation will come to your mind again and this is where Satan begins to throw his fiery darts at you. Block those thoughts with prayer.  Peace comes when you keep the Lord on your mind (Isaiah 26:2).The second time Jesus stood up, the room was cleared and the woman was all alone.  When you stand, your room of doubt, the air of hatred is cleared, and your anger is manageable, if you keep close to the Master. Then and only then, can you stand up against the ills of Satan.  

Keep standing, keep fighting and keep doing what's right.




Comments

About Me

My photo
Kitt Swanson
Tampa, Florida, United States
Check out my newest published book: Troubles Don't Last, You Do! It motivates and inspires you to stay hopeful during trying times.

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding It Better By and By

    Funny how life has a way of showing you what you’re made of.  When adversity hits, what you say you wouldn't do becomes easier to do.  When the rubber meets the road, yes! you do the unthinkable.  Let's say you have a house fire and on the second floor is your baby and mom. You can only save one, which would it be? I've heard many say they would grab the baby since mom has been around a long time. I couldn't say.  I'm not in that situation right now.  There's no way to know what to do until tragedy hits.  Some can handle atrocities, whereas; other have no clue how to maneuver suffering nor know why hardship occurs.  Stop trying to figure out why hardships happens--only the Father knows.  He won't  have you guessing long.      The underlining reason at the end of your trials gives away the mystery. Experiencing hardship isn't fun but you will come out with more insight than ever before.  Instead of getting angry with God regarding your circumst

I Got You!

Do you remember going to the arcades? You and your friends’ old rendezvous spot, battling for the top spot in one of the popular games. While you guys horsed around, a group of troublemakers bullied their way onto the machines? Your posy band together vowing to have each other’s back.  Now days, every man for himself. Someone will call 911 for you, any more than that would be heroic (Romans 5:7).  No one takes on any man’s cause anymore. The back-in-the-day phrase was "I got your back." 

I Didn't See That Coming

Arriving at work, I put my lunch bag in the refrigerator, fired up the computer and  entered my logged on.  The phone rang.  "This is Ms. Swanson," I told the caller.  "Yes, right away."  I hung up the phone, reached for my keys and raced downstairs asking God to provide what I need from the spiritual realm. I wasn’t sure what I would run up against. A policeman was at my car writing a ticket. One of the sergeants’ saw my handicap placard on the seat and called me to come down quickly. While racing to the car, I noticed my IPhone watch on my arm. I wasn't allowed to wear it at work, especially with security violation written all over the action. I forgot to take it off! Supposed someone saw it, I could lose my job. Right at that moment I remembered to get my retainer from my purse when I put it in the truck. It could melt in the heat, costing a replacement cost of $300. All I can say is, "I didn't see that coming!"  Do you know who else